Protein builds muscle and assists in all growth and repair in the body. Protein also assists in burning fat and losing weight. When people think of sources of protein, they think about chicken. Health and Fitness Experts Josh Bezoni and Joel Marion offer the Top 10 Sources of Protein to Increase Fat Loss. If you’re like most, you could probably use a change of pace to your diet beyond the regular ol’ chicken breast. So, to spice up your diet, and your taste buds, here are 10 other protein sources to begin mixing into your weekly meal plans (in no particular order):
1. Eggs – Eat the whole egg, not just the white. The yolk is actually the most nutrient dense portion of the egg, providing a ton of vitamins and minerals…and it has the benefit of making the egg taste mo’ better.
2. Shrimp – Grill ‘em up, or sautee them in some organic butter or extra virgin olive oil. Mix with veggies and enjoy.
3. Salmon – An awesome fatty fish containing loads of protein and a healthy dose of uber-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt packs twice the protein of regular yogurt. Go with the plain variety and sweeten with a packet of stevia or truvia (our favorite non-calorie sweetener) if you’d like. Yogurt is also packed full of probiotics, essential to a healthy digestive system.
5. Ground Turkey – Super lean and great for chili. Mmmmm chili. Make some. Eat some. Enjoy some.
6. Pork – The “other” white meat, just as lean as chicken when you get the right cut. Go for the boneless chops and trim the outer fatty edge.
7. Chicken Sausage – You probably won’t notice the difference between chicken sausage and “regular” pork sausage, but it contains a much more moderate amount of fat…great for those protein and carb meals.
8. Beans – Like black beans, kidney beans, red beans, navy beans, black eyed peas, lentils and the list goes on and on are actually the least expensive protein source in AMERICA (and probably every other part of the world as well). Low glycemic, crazy high in fiber. Add it to your turkey chili, or any other meal you want for that matter.
9. Bison – All the taste of beef while being incredibly lean. Great for protein and carb meals when you’re wanting to limit the fat content of a meal while still packing a mean flavor punch. KA-POW!
10. Grass-fed Beef – Grass fed beef is rich in CLA, a special fat that has actually been shown to result in fat LOSS. Eat this…tastes great, great for your figure.
11. SPECIAL BONUS – And of course, we’ve saved the best for last! The food we share with you at the link below is perhaps our all-time favorite, and one of the most delicious and effective protein sources available. Even better, it can have a dramatic impact on your fatloss results when used in a strategic way…check it out: